[Python-Dev] Patch Req. # 1351020 & 1351036: PythonD modifications

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Nov 20 19:00:27 CET 2005

jepler at unpythonic.net wrote:
> I've taken a glance at the patch.  There are probably a few things to quarrel
> over--for instance, it looks like a site.py change will cause python to print
> a blank line when it's started, and the removal of a '#define HAVE_FORK 1' in
> posixmodule.c---but this still doesn't mean the re-addition of DOS as a supported
> platform should be rejected out of hand.

Well, my experience is that people contributing "minority" ports run
away after getting their patches accepted more often than not (that so
happened with the BeOS port and the VMS port, to take recent examples).
So I would prefer to see some strong commitment from the porter.

Even so, I don't think I'm willing to commit such a patch myself.
If somebody else thinks this is worthwhile, I won't object.

Regards,
Martin