[Python-Dev] s/hotshot/lsprof

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Nov 21 18:03:04 CET 2005

Hi Barry,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 11:40:37AM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Hi Armin.  Actually it was SF #900092 that I was referring to.

Ah, we're talking about different things then.  The patch in SF #900092
is not related to hotshot, it's just ceval.c not producing enough events
to allow a precise timing of exceptions.  (Now that ceval.c is fixed, we
could remove a few hacks from profile.py, BTW.)

I am referring to a specific bug of hotshot which entirely drops some
genuine time intervals, all the time.  It's untested code!  A minimal
test like Floris' test_profile shows it clearly.

A bientot,

Armin.