[Python-Dev] Memory management in the AST parser & compiler

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:21:27 CET 2005

On 11/30/05, Thomas Lee <krumms at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick semi-related question: where are the marshal_* functions called?
> They're all static in Python-ast.c and don't seem to be actually called
> anywhere. Can we ditch them?

I *think* they are not necessary.  My guess is that they were there
for marshaling the AST to disk, though I'm not sure why we would want
to do that.  It could have been there was the idea of how they would
be marshalled to PyObjects and exported.

Unless you hear otherwise from Jeremy, I would probably remove them.

I can check your patch into the branch so others can get an idea and
hopefully provide comments.