[Python-Dev] PEP 343 and __with__

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 3 20:02:13 CEST 2005

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> Since the PEP is accepted and has patches for both its implementation and a
> good part of its documentation, a major change like this would certainly
> need a better rationale.

Though given the amount of interest said patch has attracted (none at
all) perhaps noone cares very much and the proposal should be dropped.
Which would be a shame given the time I spent on it and all the hot
air here on python-dev...

Cheers,
mwh
(who still likes PEP 343 and doesn't particularly like Jason's
suggested changes).

--
  Gevalia is undrinkable low-octane see-through only slightly
  roasted bilge water. Compared to .us coffee it is quite