[Python-Dev] Python 2.5 and ast-branch

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Fri Oct 7 07:01:15 CEST 2005

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:

> I happen to agree with Kurt that we should first merge the head into
> the branch; then the AST team can work on making sure the entire
> test suite passes; then they can merge back into the head.

I can be available to do this again.  It would involve freezing the
AST branch for a day.

Once the AST branch is stable, we would need to freeze everything,
merge MAIN to AST one more time to pick up the last few changes in
MAIN, and then merge the AST head back to MAIN.

By doing these merges from MAIN to AST we would have effectively moved
the AST branch point along MAIN to HEAD.  So the final join is HEAD to
AST, conducted from MAIN.  I'll run a local experiment to verify this
concept is workable.

--
KBK