[Python-Dev] Sandboxed Threads in Python

Adam Olsen rhamph at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:00:38 CEST 2005

On 10/8/05, Josiah Carlson <jcarlson at uci.edu> wrote:
> Your malicious user is my inventive colleague.  Here's one: performing
> zero-copy inter-thread IPC by modifying shared immutables. Attempting to
> enforce a policy of "don't do that, it's not supported" is not going to
> be effective, especially when doing unsupported things increase speed.

I actually have no problem with that, so long as you use a custom
type.  It may not technically be immutable but it does provide its own
clearly defined semantics for simultaneous modification, and that's
enough.

Anyway, the idea as I presented it is dead at this point, so I'll
leave it at that.

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus