[Python-Dev] PEP 3000 and exec

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 11 02:41:05 CEST 2005

Brett Cannon wrote:

> But the better answer is we will just find a way.  =)

I think the best answer would be just to dump the idea of
exec-in-local-namespace altogether. I don't think I've
ever seen a use case for it that wasn't better done some
other way.

Most often it seems to be used to answer newbie "variable
variable" questions, to which the *correct* answer is
invariably "start thinking in Python, not bash/perl/tcl/PHP/
whatever."