[Python-Dev] Pythonic concurrency

Kalle Anke skromta at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 09:55:43 CEST 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:47:51 +0200, Bruce Eckel wrote
(in article <415220344.20051007104751 at MailBlocks.com>):

> It's hard to know how to answer. I've met enough brilliant people to
> know that it's just possible that the person posting really does
> easily grok concurrency issues and thus I must seem irreconcilably
> thick. This may actually be one of those people for whom threading is
> obvious (and Ian has always seemed like a smart guy, for example).

I think it depends on which "level" you're talking about, concurrency IS very
easy and "natural" at a conceptual level. It's also quite easy for doing
basic stuff ... but it can become very complicated if you introduce different
requirements and/or the system becomes complex and/or you're going to
implement the actual mechanism.

That's my limited experience (personally, I really like concurrency ... and
to be honest, some people can't really understand the concept at all while
others have no problem so it's a "personal thing" also)