[Python-Dev] Pre-PEP: Task-local variables

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Oct 21 07:34:02 CEST 2005

At 07:57 PM 10/20/2005 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>(Sorry for the long post -- there just wasn't anything you said that I
>felt could be left unquoted. :-)

Wow.  You've brought up an awful lot of stuff I want to respond to, about
the nature of frameworks, AOP, Chandler, PEP 342, software deployment,
etc.  But I know you're busy, and the draft I was working on in reply to
this has gotten simply huge and still unfinished, so I think I should just
turn it all into a blog article on "Why Frameworks Are Evil And What We Can
Do To Stop Them".  :)

I don't think I've exaggerated anything, though.  I think maybe you're
perceiving more vehemence than I actually have on the issue.  Context
variables are a very small thing and I've not been arguing that they're a
big one.  In the scope of the coming Global War On Frameworks, they are
pretty small potatoes.  :)