[Python-Dev] problem with genexp

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:35:57 CEST 2005

On 10/16/05, Neal Norwitz <nnorwitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/05, Neal Norwitz <nnorwitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's a problem with genexp's that I think really needs to get
> > fixed.  See http://python.org/sf/1167751 the details are below.  This
> > code:

> > I agree with the bug report that the code should either raise a
> > SyntaxError or do the right thing.
>
> The change to Grammar/Grammar below seems to fix the problem and all
> the tests pass.  Can anyone comment on whether this fix is
> correct/appropriate?  Is there a better way to fix the problem?

Since no one responded other than Jiwon, I checked in this change.  I
did *not* backport it since what was syntactically correct in 2.4.2
would raise an error in 2.4.3.  I'm not sure which is worse.  I'll
leave it up to Anthony whether this should be backported.

BTW, the change was the same regardless of old code vs. new AST code.