[Python-Dev] KOI8_U (New codecs checked in)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Oct 24 13:23:14 CEST 2005

Walter Dörwald wrote:
>>> Why should koi_u.py be defined in terms of koi8_r.py anyway? Why not put
>>> a complete decoding_table into koi8_u.py?
>>

>> KOI8-U is not available as mapping on ftp.unicode.org and
>> I only recreated codecs from the mapping files available
>> there.
>

> OK, so we'd need something that creates a new decoding table from an old
> one + changes, i.e. something like:
>
> def update_decoding_table(table, new):
>    table = list[table]
>    for (key, value) in new.iteritems():
>       table[key] = unichr(value)
>    return u"".join(table)

Actually, I'd rather have some official mapping files
for these.

Perhaps we could get someone to upload a mapping file
for KOI8_U to the Unicode site ?!

The mapping is defined in RFC2319:

    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2319.html

I've put Alexander Yeremenko, the coordinator of
the KOI8-U group on CC.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 24 2005)