[Python-Dev] Conversion to Subversion is complete

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Oct 28 05:53:26 CEST 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 23:03, Brett Cannon wrote:
 > I guess, but I just don't like wikis personally so I have no
 > inclination to make the conversion.  If someone wants to make the
 > conversion over to the wiki and keep it up that's fine, but I have no
 > problem keeping the dev FAQ updated like I have for CVS in the past.

And I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts!  I certainly do.

Regarding using the wiki... I have mixed feelings.  Wikis are really, really
good for some things.  Anything that's "how-to" based on technology (how to
use SVN, CVS, etc.) seems like a reasonable candidate, because we get the
advantages of peer review.

For things that describe policy, I don't think that's so great.  For policy
(how to use SVN for Python development, because we have certain rules), I
think we want to maintain strict editorial control.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>