[Python-Dev] Freezing the CVS on Oct 26 for SVN switchover

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Oct 30 23:25:28 CET 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> I went ahead and used Tim's note as the basis for a page on the wiki:
>
>     http://wiki.python.org/moin/CvsToSvn
>
> It's linked from the PythonDevelopers page (a page of previously dubious
> necessity).

I have pretty much the same reservations against Wikis as Brett does;
it seems more productive if people would just use python-dev to ask
questions of the "how do I" kind (and probably of the "do I really need
to" kind as well).

I don't mind somebody collecting this information into whatever place
more permanent and accessible than a mailing list archive; I think
I would normally add them to the developer FAQ instead of to the
Wiki, primarily because I can memorize the location of the FAQ better.

Regards,
Martin