[Python-Dev] python/dist/src/Lib/test test_re.py, 1.45.6.3, 1.45.6.4

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Sep 1 13:43:37 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:56:04PM -0400, Jim Jewett wrote:
> What is the reasoning behind this?
>
> It seems to me that if a (passing) test is being added, maintenance releases
> are the *most* important places to run them.

In this case, it's because adding the test requires importing a new
module ('pre'), which in turn would require adding a warning, which
would require checking that the warning didn't mess anything else up.
I thought it was a bit too much upheaval for a module that no one
should be using any more.

If Anthony or Guido or someone tells me to bite the bullet and make
the test run, I'll do it, of course.

--amk