[Python-Dev] Replacement for print in Python 3.0

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 23:11:16 CEST 2005

Something I've noticed from teaching C++ to newbies, is that you
should NOT (never ever) start with "cout << "Hello, world!" << endl;".
You should start with "printf("Hello, world\n");" The cout thingy is
impossible to explain to a newbie because it uses much underlying
"magic" and has a very different behaviour from everything else a
newbie sees in C++. It therefore causes lots of confusion. I wonder if
the magic of "print" might have the same effect on newcomers to
Python, whos first experience is "print 'Hello, world!'"... It would
be very interesting to know.

--
mvh Björn