[Python-Dev] Hacking print (was: Replacement for print in Python3.0)

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Sep 6 22:01:00 CEST 2005

Sorry to be confusing.  I hadn't meant to imply that the split between
text and binary files were somehow the fault of any programming
languages, just the split between "write" and "writeln".  Equally bad
ideas with different origins.  Though I continue to believe that Python
should default to opening a file as "binary", not "text", and that the
current default is a defect in Python.

Bill