[Python-Dev] Tools directory (Was RE: Replacement for print in Python 3.0)

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Sep 9 03:23:16 CEST 2005

[finding Tools/i18n/pygettext.py]
> You're right, I think Tools is probably a bad place for
> anything.  If it's not part of the stdlib, I'll likely never
> find it.

Agreed.  Maybe with the introduction of -m in Python 2.4, some of the Tools/
scripts could be put in __main__ sections of appropriate modules?  So that
"python -m gettext" would be equivilant to "python Tools/i18n/pygettext.py"?

(However, pyggettext.py is 22KB, which is a big addition to the module; not
everything in Tools/Scripts might be used enough for this, or have an
appopriate module to be put in either).

Are there other ideas about how Tools/ could be improved?  Either moving
things, or making it more likely that people will look there for scripts?

=Tony.Meyer