[Python-Dev] Python 3 executable name (was: Re: PEP 3000 and iterators)

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Sep 12 20:29:00 CEST 2005

> perhaps the Python 3 executable should have a different name as part
> of the standard distribution? I suggest "py" / "py.exe"

Perhaps the renaming should be more radical, to indicate the extent of
the change.

I suggest "second", to commemorate "Second City" in Chicago, another
famous comedy troupe.  The Python3 (that is, Second) version of IDLE
could be DICK, after Andy Dick, an alumnus who somewhat resembles Eric
Idle, or perhaps MURRAY, after Bill Murray.

Bill