[Python-Dev] possible memory leak on windows (valgrind report)

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:49:33 CEST 2005

I ran 2.4.x through valgrind and found two small problems on Linux
that have been fixed.  There may be some other issues which could
benefit from more eyes (small, probably one time memory leaks).  The
entire run is here:

http://python.org/valgrind-2.4.2.out

(I need to write a lot more suppression rules for gentoo.)

I think I see a memory leak in win32_startfile.  Since I don't run
windows I can't test it.
filepath should be allocated with the et flag to PyArgs_ParseTuple(),
but it wasn't freed without this patch.  Does this make sense?  See
the attached patch.