[Python-Dev] Mixins.

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:28:04 CEST 2005

Sokolov Yura wrote:
> Would it be usefull to define new magic class variable __mixins__ for a
> new style classes, which
> will accept list of classes and will drop all members of them into
> definition of class before they went to metaclass.

First off, this is probably more appropriate for comp.lang.python.
Work it out there first, and if you still think it's a valid idea,
then present it to python-dev.

Secondly, no, I don't think it's useful to provide two ways (multiple
inheritance and a __mixins__ attribute) to support mixins.  Remember,
TOOWTDI.

STeVe
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy