[Python-Dev] Pythonic concurrency

Jeremy Maxfield anothermax at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:35:44 CEST 2005

Support for multiple interpreters already exists from the C API
(mod_python, Java Embedded Python a few other add-ons use them)
But:
- it's not possible to create new interpreter instances from within Python.
- there's no mechanism for passing information between interpreters.
- interaction with extension modules instances may be a problem.
 Apart from these points they actually seem to work pretty well and it might
be, as
you suggest, a "Practical" approach.
 Implementing a 'subinterp' module could be interesting...
 Max

flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anothermax/sets