[Python-Dev] Conditional Expression Resolution

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Sep 30 16:28:18 CEST 2005

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 21:21, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>

>>Flames, pleas to reconsider, etc., to /dev/null.
>>
>>Congratulations gracefully accepted.
>>
>>It's still my language! :-)
>

> Congratulations!  May this be as successful a syntax addition as
> decorators and print>> (of which I'm a fan too! :).

I have to say, now Guido is getting rid of print>> along with the rest
of the print statement I have become nostalgically fond of it. Perhaps
it's just that I can't help siding with the underdog, doomed for the
knacker's yard in Python 3.0. Sniff.

The decision on X if C else Y is a cause for much jubilation.

Congratulations, Guido!

nothing-to-see-here-folks-let's-move-along-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119