[Python-Dev] C API doc fix

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:00:58 CEST 2005

Steven Bethard wrote:

> I believe this is the same issue that was brought up in May[1].  My
> impression was that people could not agree on a documentation patch.

> [1] http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2005-05-01_2005-05-15.html

I thought the problem was disagreement over how the
system *should* pick an underlying type to alias.

Given the current policy, are there objections to a patch
that at least steers people away from assuming they can
use the underlying type directly?

========
Py_UNICODE
     Python uses this type to store Unicode ordinals.  It is
typically a typedef alias, but the underlying type -- and
the size of that type -- varies across different systems.
========

-jJ