[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assigned a bug/patch

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 2 14:58:58 CEST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>> That isn't actually worth that much: somebody would need to operate it,
>> too. Mere existence doesn't help.
>
> why do you keep repeating this when I've already posted a link to a
> company that does this for only a few bucks per month ?

Because they don't do that. They won't import the Python SF data on
their own: somebody has to tell them. Even then, they won't do that:
somebody has to provide them with the data (if for no other reason
that SF gives access only to project admins).

If you are (still) talking about python-hosting.com: where on their
website do they say that they will import SF data into trac when
asked to?

In short: somebody has to take charge, and make sure the thing is
available. Maybe it is as simple as filing a support request, but
somebody *still* has to do that (or else they won't guess that
something is broken).

I haven't heard anybody volunteering to do this specific job,
working with this specific company. I don't volunteer to do that
(I work with SF on issues with their tracker, but only because
nobody else does, and because I believe these things need to
be done).

My impression of of python-hosting is that they provide the
machine, and the initial setup. Then you are mostly on your
own.

Regards,
Martin