[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assigneda bug/patch

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Apr 3 01:17:58 CEST 2006

On 4/2/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>
> > Yes. We found a way to export all data (except for file attachments),
> > through a different exporter. This gives all data, unfortunately, it
> > is ill-formed XML (& is not properly entity-referenced sometimes).
>
> so why didn't Brett know about this ?

I knew the export existed, but my understanding was that it was
ill-formed as in truncated since it didn't have a close tag on the
outermost XML tag.  So I thought that the data was incomplete and thus
the dump was mostly useless.

Martin got another dump, and I asked if it contained all the data but
just with a bad format, and he said he wasn't sure.  That's why I was
still planning on possibly writing a scraper if we didn't validate
that the dump had all the tracker items.

> > Anybody who wants to work with these data, please let me know;
> > I made a snapshot a few days ago.
>
> the scraper I wrote in response to Brett's post has successfully down-
> loaded 80% of the data at this very moment (including attachments),
> so I'll probably keep playing with that one instead...

I'll reply to this in the other email you sent.

-Brett