[Python-Dev] PEP to list externally maintained modules and where to report bugs?

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon Apr 3 18:38:03 CEST 2006

[Brett Cannon wrote]
> Anyone else think we need a PEP to point to places where externally
> maintained code should have bugs or patches reported?  I don't want to
> hunt down a URL for where to do this every time and so it would be
> nice to have a list of what code needs bugs/patches reported where.
> Otherwise I am prone to just check my changes into the tree and not
> get them reported upstream since I want the warnings to go away.  =)

+1

Perhaps that could be merged with generic "how to report a bug"
instructions. This might be helpful for a start:

    http://producingoss.com/html-chunk/bug-reporting.html

Trent

--
Trent Mick