[Python-Dev] outstanding items for 2.5

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 3 21:39:41 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006, Neal Norwitz wrote:

> I updated the PEP to include owners.  If this message is sent directly
> to you, you are an owner.
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0356/
>
> Review the PEP and let me know what needs to be changed.  If your pet
> project isn't already in the PEP, assume it has been deferred until
> 2.6.

Per "file() vs open(), round 7" at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-December/thread.html#59073
please add to list of planned features and list me as the owner.  I'd
calle this feature "make open() a factory function instead of an alias
for file() (with suitable doc changes)"  -- that parenthetical being the
blocking factor here....  ;-)

"Look, it's your affair if you want to play with five people, but don't
go calling it doubles."  --John Cleese anticipates Usenet