[Python-Dev] Twisted and Python 2.5a0r43587

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Tue Apr 4 19:38:28 CEST 2006

On 4/4/06, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:

> Of course anyone who is interested can run the Twisted test suite very
> easily and take a look at the failures themselves (if you have Twisted
> installed, "trial twisted" will do it).

... and can guess which errors/failures are specific to Python 2.5 (for
instance, the lack of PyCrypto in my 2.5-alpha install generates a lot of
failures.) My AMD64 machine was giving a _lot_ of errors on zip(xrange(
sys.maxint), iterable), which I now fixed in trunk. I'm re-running the tests
to find out which ones are left over, but I'm having a hard time figuring
out what to look at in trial's rather verbose logfile. There seem to be
quite a few tracebacks involving Exception subclasses, in any case. Perhaps
changing Exception's type in 2.5 wasn't a good idea after all (but hey,
that's what alphas are for ;)

Oh, goodie, a segmentation fault. Let's see if I can reproduce it ;P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!