[Python-Dev] Use dlopen() on Darwin/OS X to load extensions?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 5 21:28:11 CEST 2006

Hello folks,

I just ran all the test iterations Martin suggested on Py2.5a1.

That is, I did a normal build and ran 'make test', then installed and
ran 'import test.regrtest; test.regrtest.main()', and then I did the
whole thing over again with a framework build and install. All four
test runs worked out fine.

So at least on 10.4.5, this patch seems to be as tested as it's going
to be. I've had some reports that it works fine on 10.3, and the
patch doesn't change anything on 10.2.

So given Bob's previous OK, this is probably ready to be applied --
unless anyone else has further concerns?

Zach

PS. I should mention as an aside that test_startfile.py is reported
as 'failing unexpectedly on darwin', but since startfile is a windows
thing, it really should be added to the expected tests in Lib/test/
regrtest.py. My patch didn't mess this up, though -- the startfile
test is absent from the 'exclude' list in the SVN repository.