[Python-Dev] Possible issue with 2.5a1 Win32 binary

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Apr 6 02:36:43 CEST 2006

Paul Moore wrote:
> Can someone check http://www.python.org/sf/1465093 for me? It looks
> like a fairly serious issue with the Windows binaries - pywin32 is a
> pretty important package on Windows.

My feeling is that this is a very shallow, easily fixed problem.

> I've verified it on 2 machines, but can't work out what the issue
> might be. I've assigned it to Martin, as the owner of the MSI files,
> but if someone else is better placed to check it out, please do. I'm
> happy to run tests, or whatever to help locate the issue, but I don't
> have a Windows build environment to build Python myself.

What happens when you run

D:\Apps\Python25\python.exe -Wi D:\Apps\Python25\Lib\compileall.py -f -x
badsyntax D:\Apps\Python25\Lib

and look at the status of the program? I think also excluding bad_coding
might already help.

Regards,
Martin