[Python-Dev] pdb segfaults in 2.5 trunk?

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Tue Apr 11 23:12:31 CEST 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:

> I partially reverted my fix from last night.  It appears to work for
> both Guido's original problem and Phillip's subsequent problem.  YMMV.
>  It would be great if someone could review all the PyMem_* and
> PyObject_* allocs and frees to ensure consistency.

Definitely seems to me that it would be worthwhile in debug mode adding
a field specifying which memory allocator was used, and checking for
mismatches in the deallocators.

I know this has been suggested before, but with number of mismatches
being found now it seems like it should be put into place. I'm sure it
will cause buildbot to go red ... ;)

I might see if I can work up a patch over the easter long weekend if no
one beats me to it. What files should I be looking at (it would be my
first C-level python patch)?

Tim Delaney