[Python-Dev] building with C++

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Apr 12 06:53:13 CEST 2006

I've done a lot of the work to get Python to build with g++ - this was
suggested a while ago as a useful thing to take advantage of C++'s
more stringent type checking. There's a few more little bits and
pieces to be done, and it looks like a bunch of extern "C" {}s need
to be sprinkled through the code as a form of magic pixie dust. I
can't spend much more time on this now, but if someone wants to take
over and finish it off, that'd be great. Note that I have only
addressed errors, not warnings - there's a bunch of odd looking
warnings around the place, such as the code in
PyLong_AsUnsignedLongLong that returns a -1 despite the return value
being declared as unsigned...

Anthony