[Python-Dev] Request for review

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Wed Apr 12 23:56:25 CEST 2006

Georg Brandl wrote:
> Seo Sanghyeon wrote:
>> Can someone have a look at #860326? I got bitten by it today, and I can
>> see no reason not to apply suggested patch.
>
> I've reviewed it and checked it in.

Hm. This broke a few doctests. I can fix them, but I wonder if
doctest should accept a bare exception name if the exception
is defined in the current module. Or should it ignore the module
name altogether?

(Background:

In normal exception tracebacks, non-builtin exceptions are printed with
their module name prepended:

Traceback:
[...]
decimal.InvalidOperation: ...

When formatted by traceback.format_exception_only, the module name was
omitted, which the patch mentioned above corrected. Since doctest relies
on that behavior, three stdlib doctests broke.)

Georg