[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r45321 - in python/trunk: Lib/test/test_traceback.py Lib/traceback.py Misc/NEWS

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Apr 14 04:58:29 CEST 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 02:31, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Tim Peters wrote:
> >> I'm not the one to decide, but at some time the traceback module
> >> should be rewritten to match the interpreter behavior.
> >
> > No argument from me about that.
>
> I also think the traceback module should be corrected, and the test
> cases updated, despite the objections that it may break other
> people's doctest test cases.

I don't mind one way or the other, but with the number of people
working actively on the code at the moment, I think reverting broken
patches that don't have trivial test fixes is the way to go. The
buildbot system is useless, otherwise.

And yes, I'm working on the existing broken buildslaves trying to fix
them. For instance - on ia64, sqlite is failing because of a bug in
gcc - compiled with -O2 or higher, sqlite itself is broken. Yay!

Anthony