[Python-Dev] New-style icons, .desktop file

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 13:49:08 CEST 2006

Andrew Clover wrote:
> Morning!
>
> I've done some tweaks to the previously-posted-about icon set, taking
> note of some of the comments here and on -list.

And I still think they're pretty :)

>    - emphasised borders of 32x32 version of pycon, and changed text
>      colour, in order to distinguish more from pyc. In balance I think
>      this is enough of a change, though Nick Coghlan's idea of just using
>      the plus in this case also has merit - indeed this is what happens
>      at 16x16

A small problem with including the interactive prompt as part of that icon is
that it leaves us without an appropriate icon for pythonw (the Windows .exe to
start Python GUI applications without displaying a console window). The plain
Plus-Python icon would work in both cases (the normal python executable and
the pythonw variant).

Cheers,
Nick.