[Python-Dev] PEP 359: The "make" Statement

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 19:38:08 CEST 2006

[nice way to declare properties with "make"]

> Of course, properties are only one of the many possible uses of the
> make statement.  The make statement is useful in essentially any
> situation where a name is associated with a namespace.  So, for

So far, in this thread that is the only useful use of the make
statement that has been presented. I'd like to see more examples.

It would be really cool if you could go through the standard library,
and replace code there with code using the make statement. I think a
patch showing how much nicer good Python code would be with the make
statement would be a very convincing argument.

--
mvh Björn