[Python-Dev] Summer of Code preparation

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 09:43:33 CEST 2006

We've only got a short time to get setup for Google's Summer of Code.
We need to start identifying mentors and collecting ideas for students
to implement.  We have the SimpleTodo list
(http://wiki.python.org/moin/SimpleTodo), but nothing on the SoC page
yet (http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode).

I can help manage the process from inside Google, but I need help
gathering mentors and ideas.  I'm not certain of the process, but if
you are interested in being a mentor, send me an email.  I will try to
find all the necessary info and post here again tomorrow.  Pass the
word!  I hope all mentors from last year will return again this year.

Can someone take ownership of drumming up mentors and ideas?  We also
need to spread the word to c.l.p and beyond.

Thanks,