[Python-Dev] Raising objections (was: setuptools in the stdlib)

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Apr 19 09:34:23 CEST 2006

At 09:08 AM 4/19/2006 +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>I've skimmed
>the PEAK documentation, and all I find is bullet-point feature lists and
>endless lists of configuration options.  It's like reading Microsoft
>documentation.

And I've read your email about the documentation, and all I find is
hyperbole, whining, and a total absence of any specific criticism that
could be used to *improve* the documentation.  It's like reading an effbot
rant.  :)

Perhaps you would care to at least share *which* piece of documentation you
are referring to, perhaps by URL, since your description does not sound
like any of the three setuptools-related manuals to me.  (Unless of course
you didn't bother to scroll past the table of contents or to click on any
of those underlined "bullet points" in the tables of contents to go to the
sections offering an explanation of the features in question.)