[Python-Dev] Raising objections

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Apr 20 11:15:42 CEST 2006

Greg Ewing wrote:

> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>
> > (distutils and setuptools are over 15000 lines of code, according to sloc-
> > count.
>
> Ye cats! That's a *seriously* big ball of mud. I just checked,
> and the whole of Pyrex is only 17000 lines.

correction: it's actually only 14000 lines, but it's still the largest hand-
written component we have in the standard library (when combined).
~90 modules, ~120 classes.

(the mac library is larger, and so is encodings, but large parts of those are
autogenerated from character databases and header files.  and idle is larger
than distutils, but smaller than distutils+setuptools)

</F>