[Python-Dev] setuptools in 2.5.

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Apr 22 12:34:54 CEST 2006

Ian Bicking wrote:

> For instance, if you really want to be confident about how your libraries
> are layed out, this script is the most reliable way:
> http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/virtual-python.py

note the use of "this script is the most reliable way", not "something
like this script", or "you have to do this, see e.g."

it's pretty easy to get the feeling that you and Phillip seem to think
that you're the only ones who have ever addressed these problems,
and that your solutions are automatically superior to anyone elses...

(frankly, do you think there's any experienced developer out there
whos first thought when asked the question "how do I create a tightly
controlled Python environment" isn't either "can I solve this by tweaking
sys.path in my application?" or "disk space is cheap, bugs are expensive;
let's use a separate install", spends 15 minutes setting that up, checks
in the result, and goes back to working on the hard stuff...)

</F>