[Python-Dev] SoC proposal: "fix some old, old bugs in sourceforge"

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 06:45:41 CEST 2006

On 4/24/06, A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 12:30:12PM -0400, Alan McIntyre wrote:
> > My unglamorous proposal is to review bugs & patches (starting with the
> > oldest) and resolve at least 200 of them.  Is that too much?  Too few?
> > I'll fix as many as possible during the SoC time frame, but I wanted to
> > set a realistically achievable minimum for the proposal.  If anybody can
> > offer helpful feedback on a good minimum number I'd appreciate it.
>
> I'd suggest 75 or maybe 100 bugs or patches, not 200.

I agee with Andrew.  There's not that much low hanging fruit.  People
review the old stuff from time to time.  There are a lot of really
hard bugs to fix.  I guess there are also a lot that we can't
reproduce and the submitter is MIA.  Those might be easier.  Ping them
if not reproducible, if no response in a month, we close.