[Python-Dev] Addressing Outstanding PEPs

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Apr 26 16:18:24 CEST 2006

    Neal>   S   266  Optimizing Global Variable/Attribute Access  Montanaro

Should be closed/rejected.  I assume this concept will not be address in 2.x
but resurface in a completely different form in 3.x.

    Neal>   S   304  Controlling Generation of Bytecode Files     Montanaro

Probably ditto.  There were some problems reported with the concept on
Windows (which unfortunately I lost).  I have no particular interest in this
for the environments in which I work.  I've asked for a couple times on
c.l.py for someone who is interested in this to take it over, but nobody's
ever bitten.

Skip