[Python-Dev] Dropping __init__.py requirement for subpackages

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 09:55:52 CEST 2006

On 4/27/06, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I'd have to say that your timing sucks :-) Your initial
> message read to me as "Quick! I'm about to get lynched here - can I
> have the OK to shove this change in before a2 goes out?"

And this just proves that my response wasn't anywhere near as
considered as I thought. You explicitly said 2.6, which I'd forgotten.

I have no problem with going with your instinct in 2.6. But I do
believe that there may be more breakage than you have considered (PEP
302 experience talking here :-)) so get it in early rather than late!

Of course this is all a bit moot now, as the decision seems to have
been made. Sigh.

Paul.