[Python-Dev] 2.5 open issues

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Apr 28 17:54:07 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:02:07AM -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I doubt I'll have time to write documentation for it before alpha 3.  If
> it's okay for the docs to wait for one of the beta releases -- or better
> yet, if someone could volunteer to create rough draft documentation that I
> could just then edit --  then it shouldn't be a problem getting it in and
> integrated.

Barring some radical new thing in alpha3, the heavy lifting of the
"What's New" is done so I'm available to help with documentation.
(The functional programming howto can wait a little while longer.)  I
assume all we need is the module-level docs for the LibRef?

So, what's the scope of the proposed addition?  Everything in the
wsgiref package, including the simple_server module?

> However, just to avoid the sort of thing that happened with setuptools, I
> would suggest, Guido, that you make a last call for objections on the
> Web-SIG ...

Agreed.  Guido, another suggestion: an Artima weblog post about the
proposal, so that blog commentators notice it.

--amk