[Python-Dev] using globals

Werkhoven J.P. van (Sjaak) Sjaak.van.Werkhoven at nl.fortis.com
Wed Aug 2 10:02:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have got a problem with importing global variables. For instance I have
got two files:

# t1.py							#t2.py

counter = 1

def counter_adder(filenr):					def
show_adder():
   global counter						    import
t1
   counter+= 1						    print("adder is
%d" % t1.counter)
   if filenr == 1:
      show_adder()
   else:
      import t2
      t2.show_adder()

def show_adder():
   print("adder is %d" % counter)

>>counter_adder(1)
adder is 2
>>counter_adder(2)
adder is 1

When I look at the outcome of two function calls I expected no differences
but much to my surprise it goes wrong when the global variable is imported.
It doesn't give the updated value but the value it get when instantiated.
Who come? What should I do to get the updated value

greetings,

Sjaak van Werkhoven

Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan. Fortis sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit electronische verzending.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s). Fortis rules out any and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission.