[Python-Dev] windows 2.5 build: use OpenSSL for hashlib [bug 1535502]

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Tue Aug 8 09:59:33 CEST 2006

I have supplied a patch that does everything needed to both make the
windows build process build OpenSSL with x86 assembly optimizations on
Win32 and to build the _hashlib.pyd module.  It works for me.

The only thing the patch doesn't do is add _hashlib.pyd to the .msi
windows installer because I want to go to bed and haven't looked into
how that works.

 http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1535502&group_id=5470&atid=105470

I know Anthony suggested "no" earlier (which is why I haven't
committed it) but I really think that should be reconsidered.
This doesn't change python at all, only fixes a build process.

Ship with optimized code by default!  help delay the heat death of the
universe from cpu fans. :)

either way, enjoy.