[Python-Dev] IDLE patches - bugfix or not?

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:39:47 CEST 2006

On 8/15/06, Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> wrote:

> Tough call. I guess it depends on the other systems - I will try this on Linux
> at least, and see if it works there. If it's broken everywhere, then changing
> it would seem the least offensive choice.

Thank you.

Kurt Kaiser:
> I would have been inclined to make the other choice, i.e. 'p' as the
> hotkey for print, rather than the rarely used "save copy as".

The existing functionality (at least on windows) is that p brings up a
Path Browser window; print and save copy are *both* masked.  I agree
that p *should* be for print, but I didn't want to remove an existing
(working) shortcut this late.

So I just stopped advertising the (unusable) shortcut on print.  I did
add the (currently unused) 'y' for "save copy as", which I suppose
might be considered a feature.  Simply removing the claimed but broken
shortcut would indeed fix the attractive nuisance problem.

-jJ