[Python-Dev] TRUNK IS UNFROZEN, available for 2.6 work if you are so inclined

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Aug 17 16:23:13 CEST 2006

The release candidate is done - we creep ever closer to 2.5 final. Hoooray!

All future 2.5 releases (including 2.5 final!) will now be done from the new
release25-maint trunk
(svn+ssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/python/branches/release25-maint) - so any
changes you want to see after 2.5c1 and before 2.5 final will need to be
applied to that branch as well as to the trunk.

From now until the final release, I think we should say no checkins to the
release25-maint branch without either myself or Neal signing off on it - for
safety's sake, I'd recommend you email either the list here, or if you have
to send private email, send it to both of us. If this policy offends you,
please reply and let me know what you'd prefer.

Right now, I don't really care about the trunk - although if you break the
buildbot, I'm sure Neal will be very cranky at you :-)

Anthony