[Python-Dev] ctypes and win64

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Aug 18 23:48:18 CEST 2006

Thomas Heller schrieb:
>> There are many other problems with Win64 still, e.g. the test suite
>> doesn't pass.
>
> And tons of compiler warnings, IIRC.  If the state is still experimental,
> IMO it should be marked as such.

Most of the compiler warnings are irrelevant for most of the
applications, and some are bogus (in the sense that the code
is perfectly fine as it stands).

Not sure what "experimental" would mean; it normally means
that it may change or may be abandoned as a failure. I don't
think this is the case with this port (although I do want
to drop IA-64 binaries in 2.6, due to lack of interest).

If you think it means "has known bugs", then this applies to
all Python releases on all target systems, ever (just look
at the open bugs list).

Regards,
Martin