[Python-Dev] GeneratorExit is unintuitive and uneccessary

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Aug 23 16:28:24 CEST 2006

This discussion probably happens as a result of attempts to copy
Python's design in JavaScript. I propose that JavaScript do whatever
it wants and its developers leave Python alone -- maybe some time in
the future we'll be able to compare the two approaches. I think it's
impossible to do so at the moment.

--Guido